Monday 23 September 2013

Orange, Walnut and Thyme Bundt Cake


This is such a yummy cake full of orange sweetness, the herbal taste of thyme and the walnuts add a little bit of crunch. It went down so well with my family that my mum asked me for the recipe (and she hates baking!) Of course you can use a normal tin to make this cake but I jazzed it up by using this flower bundt tin that I got as a wedding present. Enjoy!


Ingredients:

2 Cups of Flour
1 Cup of Golden Sugar
1and 1/2 tsp of Baking Powder
1 Cup of Soya Milk
1/3 Cup of Vegan Margarine (and a Tbsp more to grease your bundt tin with.)
1/2 Cup of Walnuts
1/3 Of Orange Juice
1 tsp of Fresh Thyme Leaves
Icing Sugar, thyme leaves and edible flowers to decorate

Tools:
Bundt Tin
Sieve

Pre-heat your oven at 190c. In a bowl, cream the sugar and margarine together until light and fluffy. Add the soya milk, orange juice, thyme and walnuts. Add the flour and baking powder and mix well until incorporated. Grease your bundt tin well and then pour in the cake batter.
Place in the oven for 45 mins until golden brown and a skewer inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
Allow to cool completely, or when you turn out your cake it will crack apart!
Gently turn out the cake from the bundt tin onto a plate. Using a sieve, dust with icing sugar and then decorate with edible flowers and some more Thyme leaves. Serve with vegan cream!



2 comments:

  1. I was looking at the first enticing pic of the cake and wondering to myself, how'd she do that. She is a whiz. Then I see a flower bundt!! beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahah yes I didn't whittle it from the cake I used a bundt tin!! X

    ReplyDelete